10 years ago
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Too busy to blog!
Sorry I know it has been forever since I've blogged but my life has been absolutely crazy and even more hecktick than usual! As most of you know I was diagnosed with a disease called interstitial cystitis or IC for short. It is a chronic inflammatory condition of the bladder and it's cause is unknown. Unlike common cystitis (bladder infection) it is not caused by bacteria and does not respond to conventional antibiotic therapy. At this time there is no cure for IC, or an effective treatment that works for everyone. Basically you feel like you have a bladder infection most of the time with a lot more pelvic pain not just burning when you urinate. I had a surgery where they dialated my bladder and filled it as full as it would go. For a normal person this isn't painful at all but for someone with IC after the surgery the pain was worse and my bladder was covered with hemorrhages on the bladder wall. They inject some anti-inflammatory and other medications to help with pain. After peeing blood for 3 days and being in a lot of pain and not being able to take anything for it because pain meds don't agree with me I finally started to feel a little better. My urologist said the only symptom I don't have is a small bladder mine is normal sized but I would almost rather have to pee a lot than having pain all the time. They say if you follow a special IC diet it helps but you can't hardly eat any fruit which is killing me I could live on fruit and chocolate but I'm not supposed to eat that either. Somebody please shoot me! Everything about it totally sucks and I am having a really hard time with it. Some days I just don't even want to eat because it's not worth the pain you have to go through. I have lost some weight so I guess that's the one good thing that has come out of this. I also have to large kidney stones. How can you go your whole life with nothing and then bam everything hits at once. I know it could be worse I could have a terminal illness so I won't complain but now you know why I haven't blogged I've been a little busy and a lot depressed so I will try to do better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our star spangled baby

No comments:
Post a Comment